Sunday, March 18, 2012

Is This Correct?

According to my scale, I have lost 10 pounds! Can this be right? On January 19, 2012, I weighed in at a whopping 148 pounds, which was very disappointing as this is the heaviest I had ever been. This morning, 2 months later, I weighed in at 138 pounds! I guess all of my hard work and dedication has been paying off.

It feels go great to know that powering through these past few months of intense exercise and strict eating habits has actually worked!

Progress Report


A few weeks ago I posted about my Monthly Goals and I thought I should share my progress thus far.

To re-cap, my goals for the month of March were:
  1. To lose 5 pounds by March 19, 2012.
  2. Go to the gym at least 6 times a week.
  3. Drink more water! (At least 10 glasses a day or 80 ounces).
  4. Be able to plank for 2 full minutes by March 31, 2012

It is obvious that I have surpassed goal #1 successfully. Since I have been exercising at least 6 times a week (sometimes twice a day) I have been able to accomplish the first 2 goals. Since I exercise so often, I find it easier for me to drink more water throughout the day, as my body needs to stay hydrated. I have been drinking waaaaaay more water than I had expected to. On Thursday alone, I drank 140 ounces of water, almost doubling my expected goal.



Goal number 4: To be completed by March 31.

I have been working towards planking for a solid 2 minutes straight, without resting. I have been improving since I first set out my goal, lasting for up to 1 minute and 19 seconds. Since lasting longer in my planks, I have noticed that my core has gotten stronger, and I am able to work harder during other workouts.


I still have quite a ways to go to reach my ultimate goal of losing 15-20 pounds, however I am confident that if I keep up what I am doing, I will achieve it in no time. I hope I have inspired some of you that if you set your mind to something, you can achieve anything you want to. All you have to be is determined and dedicated to your objectives and you will achieve them.

7 comments:

  1. Well done, you have almost reached your goal.The rest should be easy now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Congrats! I have been trying to work out to fill out a bit... but I just went to the doctors, and the first thing he said was 'you look skinny, eat something...'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had that problem! I don't feel sorry for you Kyle :) BUT if you should try lifting heavy weights with low reps, and also try increasing your calories and eating healthier! (that means no more crunch bars at lunch, lol). You can also get some whey protein powder with gainers in it (has more calories and makes you gain lean protein).

      Delete
  3. Janine, CONGRATULATIONS :) That's so exciting, and you really do look awesome! Now we officially go to the same gym I'm gonna have to copy some of your moves so hopefully I can get some good results too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ellen! You already look amazing but I'd be happy to help if you need it!

      Delete
  4. My current employ has me on a 90% carb diet (mostly bread)——so far it's panned out, but I'm waiting for the day my metabolism falls out from under me.

    ReplyDelete